Sign In Create An Account

Contact: 1300 797 123

RTO 1820

How to get a South Australian Contractor’s Licence

In South Australia, a contractor’s licence is essential if you want to run a business in plumbing, gas, electrical, restricted building (trades) or general building (full domestic builder). By law, any individual wishing to carry out building work in these areas must have a current SA Contractor’s Licence, whether the work is for sale or lease of land. If you hold a supervisor’s licence, this will only allow you to do, or supervise, the work only. Without a Contractor’s License, you cannot enter into a binding contract with anyone to perform the work. Any business contract relating to construction, including carrying out building work for others, performing building work for the purpose of sale or lease of land, or carrying out improvements for the purpose of sale or lease will require a contractors license.


How to get your contractors licence in Queensland

How do I get a QBCC contractors licence?


The Queensland building and construction commission regulates who can start a contracting business in Queensland for building and construction trades. To become a trade contractor you will need to complete a BSBMSB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business. Some trades like electrical and plumbing require additional training and you should check with your regulators office for these.

The Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business course can be completed online through PCD's trade contractors course and your certificate is issued straight away making it fast and easy to get your application to the QBCC. This course helps tradesman create and maintain a small business's by outlining risks."

Subscribe to this RSS feed