Frequently Asked Questions?
- When do courses start?
Students are able to start our courses immediately, We have no semesters or course starting dates.
- What help is available?
PCD has a number of trainers from many different fields available to speak with students when they require help or guidance. Our trainers spend less time in the class room, which makes them accessible to students. We can also arrange to have students come to one our training centers for extra help if needed.
- What internet browser do you recommend to use?
You must use Google Chrome as the browser. It is the only browser that has the technology to run our ‘virtual classrooms’.
- I am using an iPhone as the device, should I use Google Chrome still as the browser?
iPhone and iPads can’t run Flash technology, as a result you must use a browser called ‘Puffin Browser’. You can download this for free from the App store.
- I am using an Android phone, what browser should I use?
You can use the Google Chrome browser.
- I get asked to ‘allow’ my webcam at the start of a task, should I do this?
You must allow the webcam. If you do not, you will not be able to see the questions and to complete the course.
- Why do I need to allow my webcam to work for the course?
The webcam takes snapshots of you in front of your computer or device as you answer a question. We use this to confirm it was you completing the course and no one else.
- Do you have enrolment periods?
We do not. While you will have a ‘due date’ beside your unit/s that you have to complete, this is just an indicative date only, something for you to aim for. You can take as long as you like to complete, without having to pay any extra fees.
- Do I have to pay for my course up front?
No. We don’t require any up front payments or deposits unless you are applying for RPL for the Certificate III in Carpentry or Certificate III in Painting and Decorating.
- When do I pay for my unit or course?
You can pay on a unit by unit basis. You can enrol in the course and start a unit/s and then pay for the unit once you have completed it.
- Will I still receive my certificate if I haven’t paid for the unit/s?
No. All relevant fees must be paid for the unit/s or course before you will receive the relevant certificates.
- I am looking at doing a course online, but I am worried I won’t be able to get any help when I need it.
You will be able to access full help and support by phone, email or ‘chat’ on our website.
- When can I contact you for help?
You can contact us Monday to Thursday 6.00am to 9.00pm, Friday 6.00am to 6.00pm and Saturday 7.00am to 4.00pm.