Frequently Asked Questions?
- When do courses start?
Students are able to start our courses immediately, We have no semesters or course starting dates.
- What help is available?
PCD has a number of trainers from many different fields available to speak with students when they require help or guidance. Our trainers spend less time in the class room, which makes them accessible to students.
- What internet browser do you recommend to use?
You must use Google Chrome as the browser. It is the only browser that has the technology to run our ‘virtual classrooms’.
- I am using an iPhone as the device, should I use Google Chrome still as the browser?
iPhone and iPads should be able to run Safari with our system OK. If you have any problems just give us a call.
- I am using an Android phone, what browser should I use?
You can use the Google Chrome browser.
- I get asked to ‘allow’ my webcam at the start of a task, should I do this?
You must allow the webcam. If you do not, you will not be able to see the questions and to complete the course.
- Why do I need to allow my webcam to work for the course?
The webcam takes snapshots of you in front of your computer or device as you answer a question. We use this to confirm it was you completing the course and no one else.
- Do you have enrolment periods?
We have a 12 month enrolment period. If you require longer, please contact us.
- Do I have to pay for my course up front?
No. We don’t require any up front payments. However you won't be able to access your certificate until we have received your fees.
- When do I pay for my unit or course?
You can pay on a unit by unit basis. You can enrol in the course and start a unit/s and then pay for the unit once you have completed it.
- Will I still receive my certificate if I haven’t paid for the unit/s?
No. All relevant fees must be paid for the unit/s or course before you will receive the relevant certificates.
- I am looking at doing a course online, but I am worried I won’t be able to get any help when I need it.
You will be able to access full help and support by phone, email or each question has a 'contact' button you can use.
- When can I contact you for help?
You can contact us Monday to Thursday 7.00am to 8.00pm, Friday 7.00am to 5.00pm and Saturday/Sunday by email or the 'contact' button.